Back to School with UDL
Start your year off right in this week-long summer course designed to set you up for success with UDL for this coming school year and beyond.
Start your year off designing lessons using best practices of Universal Design for Learning! Attend this weeklong intensive course and learn how to start your year off keeping student variability and barriers to learning top of mind.
This won’t be your normal, run-of-the-mill online course. This is a blended-learning course with both synchronous and asynchronous components. Throughout each of the synchronous sessions, Katie Novak will break down the ABCs of UDL while our resident DJ, DJ Swiff, will bring down the house!
Throughout the course we will focus on:
- Ways to integrate UDL, SEL, and behavioral expectations into classroom management plans you co-create with your learners
- Designing learning experiences aligned to goals that engage learners by giving them voice and choice
- Universally designing your welcome letters to families and communities to ensure two-way engagement all year long
- Giving back-to-school night and parent/teacher conferences a UDL make-over
- Creating a vision board to drive an amazing year focused on balance and flexibility
How the course works
- Four online learning modules containing videos, resources, and daily assignments and/or discussions.
- Three 3 hour synchronous sessions with the instructor and fellow classmates. Each session will be live for students to join daily from Monday-Wednesday 6PM-9PM EST/3PM-6 PM PST. For students who cannot attend the live sessions, a recording will be shared following each session.
- Direct interaction and feedback from your instructor and the opportunity to build community with your classmates through course discussion boards.
- Lots of options and choices - UDL is at the foundation of everything we do.
- Participants will be expected to pass in work by the due date, but will also be given the opportunity to revise and improve upon their work (just as students in their class should be given the same respect using the UDL framework).
- All assignments can be resubmitted for feedback and grading up until the last day of the course.
Start fresh this school year! Sign up now.
- Ashley Thibodeau